The 50 Women Anthology Series
50 Women is a two-part anthology series with personal stories of strength and perseverance told by 50 different women from 30 countries. In these individual stories, the women discuss their unique experiences navigating and overcoming obstacles concerning political, cultural and societal issues, armed conflict, gender-based violence, immigration, health afflictions and business ventures.
Many of their stories challenge common stereotypes and provide living historical accounts of the densely complicated political and societal issues of our time, including:
• Armed conflict in Afghanistan, Vietnam, Burma, South Caucasus, the Balkans and Israel and Palestine
• The Arab Spring Revolution
• The plight of internally displaced persons (IDPs) remaining in Thailand
• Cambodia and the Khmer Rouge
• The collapse of the former Soviet Union
• Dictatorship in Argentina
• Genocide in the Democratic Republic of Congo
• Wage discrimination
• Labor trafficking
• Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
• Domestic, sexual and gender-based violence
The women of 50 Women also represent diverse beliefs, including Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Paganism, Animism, Sikhism, Buddhism, and Hinduism. Their stories serve to connect cross-cultural experiences and historical accounts through common themes that women encounter globally.
– 50 Women, Book One includes stories from the regions of Africa, Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Central Asia, Southern Europe, Eastern Europe, North and South Caucasus.
– 50 Women, Book Two includes stories from the regions of North America, Central America and Mexico, South America and Western Europe.
Both 50 Women, Book One and 50 Women, Book Two are available through most major international consumer retailers, bookstore chains and select brick and mortar bookstores. A list of international retailers is on the website.
For libraries, bookstores, schools or other public institutions, please order from the distributor Ingram Content Group.
Buy 50 Women, Book Two